Tuesday, April 27, 2010

JustRite Challenge 15: May Day / Mother's Day

This week's challenge is to make a May Day or Mother's Day project using JustRite flowers. I used this bouquet from Thinking of You and framed it with Spellbinders scalloped ovals nesties. It was actually the first time I made a frame with them, I love the look! I know, I'm such a newbie, lol, everything excites me. I stamped the frame with a sweet gingham stamp, love that too, and roughed it up a little bit. The sentiment is also from JustRite, it is the 50 pt New Times Roman font, how awesome is that, you can have your card say what ever you want! There is also a Inkakinkado flourish lightly stamped behind the butterfly, love that it looks like it just landed. And there is a little piece of coffee stained lace behind the scalloped frame. The sentiment, butterfly, and bouquet are all stamped in walnut stain and clear embossed. I really love the shabby vintage look, but have only made a couple of cards, I never know where to go with them, but this card just came along so easily for me. The bouquet and butterfly are both colored with Prisma pencils, the butterfly looked really bright, so I sponged it up a bit. A little straight stitch, some distressing and sponging, and that's it. I Hope my mom likes her card. If you want to enter the challenge, your project needs to be entered by April 29th at 9am Central. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day. :)

5 comments:

  1. Love all the distressing. Beautiful card. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya, love this beautiful card, it's so soft and pretty and feminine. LOVE that gorgeous stamped image and pretty butterfly!

    For my ribbon bows at the moment I use the Crafters Companion but I am trying to find a Bow Easy template. They are both fab for making bows look easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a beautiful looking card. I love the distressed look. Your Mom is going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card- such a pretty image- and I love the butterfly! TFS

    ReplyDelete