Wednesday, April 14, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 013: Sew Right!


This week over at the JustRite blog the challenge is to use sewing on your card, I LOVE the look of stitching on cards! They have the cutest set, Stitched With Love that would be perfect for this, I so wish I had that set now. The JustRite stamps are new to me so I only have two sets right now, but I am loving them and just trying to figure out what to get next. Anyway, I chose to make a sympathy card using the Large Oval Thinking of You set. I used paper from DCWV, Linen Closet, such beautiful papers in this pack, love it! I used the large oval Nestabilities set for the sentiment and popped it up over the border, I love how perfectly these stamps fit in the nesties! Behind that I used the two largest Nestabilities from the labels 3 set to cut out the frame, I pinched the corners and this gave it a little more depth instead of just lying there flat. I made two more of those sweet little shabby flowers, love em. The panel behind the sentiment is stamped with the Leaves Plain Jane stamp from Verve and I added a kind of curvy stitch. On the main panel I used a simple straight stitch, or as straight as I can stitch, lol. And everything is sponged with Distress Ink, though my flash was a little bright, so I lost some of the look in my picture. You have until tomorrow morning, April 15 (eek, tax day hope you got that off!) at 9am Central to get your project linked up to Mr. Linky. Thanks so much for popping in. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tanya this is so elegant and devine. Fab work with the stitching and I just LOVE the mix of shapes for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete