Saturday, April 24, 2010

Verve Release Challenge #1 & 5


This was for Verve's release color challenge, we were to use the colors aqua, green, and orange. At first I was like, really? But after making mine and looking in the gallery, these colors are great together, very beachy. I used a set from Verve called Happiness Found that I bought months ago and had yet to ink up. The DP is called Mariposa from DCWV. I used an embossing folder, a MS border punch, and dew drops for the first time. I was reading the other day that dew drops are old news in cards now, oh well, lol, they are new to me.

My second card was for challenge #5 which was to use a sketch. I would much rather have a sketch challenge, as I am "sketch challenged", lol. I have a hard time coming up with my own sketch. This is from Verve's set Swan Song. I love this set, so elegant. Again I used DP from DCWV, and the swan is covered with glitter, though it doesn't really show up too well in the photo, it was then stamped three times and the feathers cut out and popped up. This one came together really quick once I figured out which stamp set I wanted to use. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment