Wednesday, May 12, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 017: Inexpensive Gift Ideas

This week's challenge was to make inexpensive gifts. I have been wanting to make this cute little gift set that holds mini 3x3 cards and envelopes, perfect opportunity. I found the instructions on how to make it at Nichole's site here, she made it into a little accordion photo album, I added pockets instead, the template for the tiny envelope is here at SCS. For the outside I used my newest set, My Garden Borders & Centers Round 3-1/4 I love this set, can't wait to use it more. I cut the flowers out and popped them up with dimensionals. And for the note cards I used Just A Note Borders & Centers, this set was perfect for this! There are 10 borders and centers in the set, perfect for all occasions.


I really love how this turned out, it was fun and easy. I stamped, cut everything out, and put them together at the same time. Then decided to add some stitching, the cards were cute already, but I really love the look. I will be sending this off to a friend this week, hope she likes it.


The instructions say to use chipboard coasters, I have never seen these anywhere, so I just cut a couple of squares out of cardboard and rounded the corners with my corner rounder.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya, your note set looks absolutely fantastic, how cool did these turn out using those fab stamps! LOVE what you did with those gorgeously coloured stamped flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya: Your cute little note set is very nice.The little cards are just beautiful. I would love to receive something like this as a gift. You may be new to stamping...but it is plain to see, you are on your way to big things. Thanks for sharing you project.
    Susan-Marie
    Arizona

    ReplyDelete