Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Father's Day


I have never entered a card in more than one challenge, and this week I am actually entering two for the first time. The JustRite challenge this week was to use their stamps and make a manly card. Most of my JustRite stamps are flowers, though they have a gorgeous By the Sea set that would be perfect, which I don't have yet. So I used my New Times Roman Font set to spell out Happy Fathers Day.

I am also entering this card in the latest Creative Inspirations Challenge which was to use sewing or faux stitching. I used faux stitching for the first time! I usually machine stitch.

I used a die cut for the tags, wish I had a punch it would have been faster ;) I added some twine to the tags and some faux stitching around the card and my stars. The tags and stars are all on pop dots, and everything is sponged around the edges.

Thanks so much for stopping in, have a wonderful day. :)

5 comments:

  1. This card is great! I can see why it won at JustRite's Friday Challenge! I thought at first that it was sewn?! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous card Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations.Good luck hope to see you again.
    hugs judex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a great card this is. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simple yet elegant (for a guy-lol)! I adore it! perfect! Stitching is great with that lil flipped corner. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! I love how you used those fonts and what a terrific vintage look.

    ReplyDelete