Saturday, June 12, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 022: Summer Recipe Swap



JustRite had another fun challenge this week, Summer Recipe Swap. We were to use our JustRite stamps to share our favorite Summertime or any time recipe. We could make a recipe card, a canned recipe/vegetable/fruit, with a JustRite label on it, etc. I actually woke up early this morning thinking about this challenge and knew exactly what I was going to make. One of my family's all time favorite recipes is warm Apple Crisp with Blue Bell French Vanilla ice cream (my favorite vanilla), and I knew that this super sweet apple basket from JustRite's Autumn Blessings set would be perfect! I wanted to make my recipe card a little special so I decided on an easel card, my first one. I had put off making an easel card because I thought they looked complicated, nope not at all. I then used the 15pt Times New Roman Font on the circle panel on the inside of the card. With the font you can create custom borders, how fun is that! I decided on "Season Everything With Love" and I stamped the apple basket again for the focal image and popped it with a thin dimensional.

I sponged the edges of everything with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and I also sponged the ribbon because it was way too bright as it was. My image panels were cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Large and Small Circles, Large Ovals, and Large Scalloped Ovals and colored with Prismacolor pencils, I added some stitching around the edges, that's it. How fun would it be to receive a recipe like this?

Here is the recipe for Apple Crisp, and be sure to check out the other projects and recipes.

Apple Crisp

5 cups peeled and sliced apples
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Filling:
In a large bowl stir sugar into fruit. Place fruit in a 8x8 baking dish.

Topping:
In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over filling.

Bake in a 375 oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Serves 6.

Thank you so much for coming by for a peek, have a great day. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, this is awesome!!....beautiful papers, lovely stitching, love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are georgeous! I have yet to do an easel card, but I think it's time!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love anything with apples in it! Beautiful easel card and I'm going to have to try that recipe! TFS! Katie

    ReplyDelete