Wednesday, July 28, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 028: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


This week's JustRite challenge was to use a photo on your project. I chose to make a scrapbook page featuring the Christmas morning when my daughter received a handmade Sunbonnet Sue quilt from my grandmother. That's my daughter sitting on her new quilt. My grandmother made a quilt for all of us grandchildren, that's 36 quilts! Then when the great-grandchildren came along, they each got one too until she could no longer sew a few years ago. My grandmother passed away in 2007, and I feel so blessed that we each, my children and myself, have something beautiful that she made. I bought the Stitched With Love stamp set because it makes me think of my grandmother and my mom, they both were always quilting, sewing, cross stitching, crocheting, you name it, they would do it. My mom is working on two quilts and some cross stitching now.

I decided to make my own little "quilt" with this sweet stamp from the Stitched With Love set. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils, and added a button to each quilt square and used a Martha Stewart doily border punch to give my quilt a lacey border. The sentiment and the little heart at the bottom of the journaling are also from the same stamp set. I kept the layout simple and added some vintage ric rac that I found in my mom's sewing stash, shhhh, lol.

The challenge this week is sponsored by Copic, how fantastic is that? I would love to try some Copics, how about you? You need to have your project submitted by Thursday July 29 at midnight to have a chance. Thanks for stopping in, have a great day. :)

4 comments:

  1. this is super. My boys have baby quilts made by their great grandmother. She is 94. They are treasures of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! Can't beat a homemade quilt! I cherish my quilts made by my grandmothers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job making the quilt. It makes a perfect photo backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother did the same thing for all of her grandchildren! Beautiful coloring job!

    ReplyDelete