Wednesday, August 25, 2010

JustRite Challenge #032



This week at the JustRite blog the challenge is to use this fall color combination:
These colors remind me of fall when we lived in north Georgia. We would get the changing of the leaves up there, it was amazing! Down here in Florida, it doesn't get cold enough for the leaves to change, I really miss the colors.

I am also entering this into Polka Doodles contest, they are giving a way a set of Aquamarkers!

I had so much fun with this card. To start, I stamped and sponged my own DP, using the cheap and easy toilet paper method to sponge my inks onto ivory card stock, then stamped two images from Verve's Autumn Wishes. It was so much fun! I then stamped my pumpkin image and sentiment, both are from the Autumn Blessings Borders & Centers set. The pumpkin image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I double stamped the leaves in front of the pumpkin and an extra leaf from the set and cut them out and popped them up with foam dots. The image and sentiment are also on foam for dimension. It does not show up in the photo, but I used my Sakura glitter pen on the dots and vines, love the little bit of sparkle it added!

Thanks so much for stopping in for a peek, have a great day. :)

5 comments:

  1. Just love how you popped up those little leaves -- makes such a difference, doesn't it?! This is a perfect fall card & great sketch!!! I think we used the exact same ribbon only mine looks nearly black in my photo for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess great minds think alike?! I love the layout of your card and the pencil coloring is great! Such a perfect fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya :-)

    Your card is so gorgeous, love the design and just love how you have stamped both the image and sentiment, the colour scheme is so rich and warm and yummy!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww, what a gorgeous color combo. Love the elegant papers, yummy satin ribbon, and how you popped up the leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - gorgeous! What a lovely fall creation! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete