Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Christmas Wish

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show & the Simon Says Stamp Challenge are joining together for a SUPER hop to celebrate the approaching fall and winter holidays. To help celebrate they will be giving a $100 SHOPPING SPREE to the winner of the hop! How fabulous is that? The theme is holiday fun, so you can make a Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas project.

This afternoon my new Lacey Spellbinders die set came in and I did both the JustRite blog and Simon Says hops and was so inspired that I sat down and made my card. Both the sentiment and snowflake are from JustRite's Whimsical Christmas set, this set is so sweet. I cut the snowflakes out and on each dot on the snowflake, I added a dot of glitter. I also added glitter around the sentiment border and mat under the sentiment. And each embossed dot has more glitter. It's quite sparkly in real life. I finished it off with some stitching and popped up my snowflakes, sentiment and squares.

I don't know who this is going to yet, but I'm going to need to make an envelope and my envelope skills are not that good, lol. I have a Scor-buddy on the way, but I know it's too small for envies. If anyone has any envelope making tips, let me know. :)

Hubby and I are both sparkling tonight, lol. He was nowhere near my project, but he is covered in glitter too. :) Thanks so much for stopping in have a great night.

Entering in Simon Says Stamps and JustRite's Challenge # 34.

9 comments:

  1. So sparkly & so very pretty, Tanya!!! Also very clever to make your Lacey Squares work for a long card.
    Hope your hubby isn't feeling itchy, which is what my hubby usually says glitter does to him -- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful christmas card tanya-love long cards and all the sparkle on this one-no tips on envie making-but when I make a long card I use a #10 bus envie. I have about 500 translucent ones-if you would like some drop me an email

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, love the colors, layers and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Tanya !! so pretty ! I love all the fancy edges and the blue / white combo ,,, lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hop

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and white is so great for wintery cards! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea and lovely Card.
    Thanks for joining in the SSC and our BlogHop.

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, Tanya. I really love using blues for Christmas cards. The images look so pretty framed in the die cuts. Love all the glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color, the layering, the sparkle and the texture of your card. Really there isn't anything I don't like about it!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing
    Patti

    ReplyDelete