Saturday, September 11, 2010

Santa Tag


I seem to have a hard time with tags, but made one last week and had fun with it and decided to try another. I knew that I wanted to use this Santa stamp that I bought about 7 years ago and has only seen ink once. I made it monochromatic and kinda vintage-y. I used Distress Inks Antique Linen and Walnut Stain for the background, and I stamped the Santa then masked it and stamped the music stamp a couple of times, then the flourish, and the postage stamp. Then I drew a tiny calender, the word "December" is stamped from a mini stamp from Making Memories and the tiny flourish on each side is from one of JustRite's font sets. I distressed and inked the edges, and popped the calendar and postage mark up on dimensionals that's about it. I am entering my tag in the Shabby Tea Room's Tag You're It! Challenge, Let's Ink It Up Vintage Tag/Bookmark, Our Vintage Affair's challenge this month is vintage tags, Sir Stampsalot's challenge this month is distressed, and over at 2 Sisters Challenge the challenge this week is monochromatic.

Thanks for stopping in. Have a great weekend. :)

22 comments:

  1. Really sweeet tag, Tanya!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very vintage-like and gorgeous! I love the little calendar page besdie the image.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic tag...love how the monthly calendar is on there!I'm so glad you could join us this week for our Distress challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tag! I absolutely love it and all the detail you've added!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular last week! So sorry I am just now visiting you and leaving a message for this fantastic creation you've made but I fell completely behind in my blog hopping responsibilities last week. I'm just now getting the chance to check out all our entries from last week's Distress It challenge! Please forgive me and I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so neat and so vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tag - love that little calendar! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! You are fabulous at tags....you should do them more often! I love the sepia color palette to this and the fun vintage Santa. Love your masking with the music notes, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing monochromatic design!! What a lovely, vintage holiday tag ... great job! TFS in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, gorgeous stamp and you little calender is a fab idea! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up, hope to see you next time too :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, love that vintage santa image, and the gingham bow, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooo pretty. I just love it!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your monochromatic tag is stunning. I just love it.
    Great Job!!!

    Thank you for playing with us on the LET'S INK IT UP challenge. Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute Christmas tag! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tanya

    An adorable tag, looks just amazing in the monotone colours.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creation, Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its just so gorgeous, love that Santa image and the cute little calendar. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful distressed Christmas tag.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It certainly is a beautiful tag - perfectly distressed (my favourite part of vintaging up anything)! :O) Thank you for joining in at Our Vintage Affair good luck Polly x

    ReplyDelete