Wednesday, March 2, 2011

JustRite # 49, Direct To Rubber

I started this one off thinking of soft colors, maybe vintage, but that's not what happened, lol. The challenge at JustRite Stampers right now is to use the direct to rubber technique. My markers were brighter than I thought they would be, but the colors made me think of Cosmo Cricket's DeLovely collection, and I love the papers, they are so bright and fun! I used JustRite's Thinking of You set for the image and the frame border. I colored the image pink, yellow, and two different shades of green. I then took a paint brush and with a little water painted over my image. It looks kinda like water coloring, cool! Here is a close-up:
I used a little of a blue marker and the wet brush and painted a soft background. The sentiment and border were also inked using the direct to rubber technique. Everything looks kinda flat in the photo, but the oval and the sentiment tag are both popped up. You still have until Thursday morning 8am Central time to play along with your JustRite stamps, check it out here. And there is also a fabulous blog hop right now featuring all the new stamps, amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

8 comments:

  1. Well, how stinkin' cute is this -- VERY stinkin' cute, that's how cute!!! I LOVE it!!! Yes, the DeLovely papers were perfect too, Tanya. Sure to bring a smile to its recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE these papers and colors together! I almost used this stamp but wanted to use a new one. Yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya this card is stunning. I love the how you used 3 colors for the sentiment. Your background papers are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Love the flower and papers are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the challenge, Tanya -- thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Tanya, love the pretty colours, love the gorgeous stamping and your take on the challenge is perfect. I love that patterned paper!

    Hope you have a lovely and crafty weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the colors! This DSP is fabulous! Excellent job coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tanya!! WOW!! this is so very pretty sweetie!! LOVE the gorgeous bright colors and frame you've done!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete