Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Heartfelt Thanks






I just received my newest set, In The Moonlight from JustRite, and I am totally in love! I had been wanting this set since it came out and finally got my hands on it, oh this little fairy is just darling! The challenge at the JustRite blog is An Act of Kindness, a Random Act of Kindness card, a gift to tell someone how much you appreciate them or a thank you card for someone that may have bestowed a random act of kindness to you. I was inspired by Tosh's gorgeous circle card this week.

And the Wee Memories challenge #49 this week is ANYTHING Goes! This week's sponsor is My Favorite Things, how exciting! They have those super cute Pure Innocence images, awww!

I love circle cards and have been wanting to try a circle easel card and I am so happy with how it turned out. I made this card for my neighbor, Vicky. She loves to bake and always brings us cookies, muffins, and baklava. She is just the sweetest and I wanted to make her something very special.

The round sentiment on the outside is stamped from a border stamp from the My Garden Borders & Centers set, and both the thank you sentiment and the fairy image are from In The Moonlight, it's one of the new cling sets. I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and OMS, then I cut out her out and have her popped up on the round sentiment border. I then stamped her wings a couple of times in white ink onto vellum, heat embossed and attached them, then added a little glitter, all fairies need a little sparkle ;) I glued a very thin border of glitter around the circular sentiment for a little more sparkle. I added a couple of paper flowers, some sponging and a Martha Stewart border punch. Whew, this took me quite awhile, but I think she will like it. Thanks so much for taking a peek! :)

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS, Tanya! It clearly shows all the hard work/effort you put into it and I know your neighbor will be thrilled to receive such a thoughtful thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Stunning. I love all the details that went into making this card. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! You put a LOT into this! Just beautiful! LOVE those wings and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and cute! So many wonderful details, Tanya! I love the popped up wings, and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your gorgeous winning entry, Tanya, it's simply stunning! Thanks so much for playing in JustRite's Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty tanya-love easel cards and a big congrats on winning the grand prize at the just-rite challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! this is gorgeous! amazing details. fabulous work! thanks also for spreading the word for Lily Pad and for hopping with us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful circle easel card! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your win with this card. It is totally adorable.You put Lots of love into this card right down to the tiny cut out flowers. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanya, this is beautiful. So many pretty details. Thank you so much for playing with us Wee Memories.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is stunning, I love how you did the wings, they are just fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh gosh, I totally love your card- this is just so beautiful & gorgeous!!!!

    Hugz, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fabulous creation!
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beyond devine Tanya, just LOVE that sweet image so beautifully coloured, love the circle easel card idea, I must try that! Fantastic take on the challenge and CONGRATS on your win, sooooo well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely stunning Tanya!! Your fairy is so sweet and beautiful with her vellum wings!! And the cut out circle frame is fabulous!! Love your circle easel card!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so gorgeous! The blues that you picked are perfect!

    ReplyDelete