Sunday, April 17, 2011

April Get Your Diva On Challenge

I almost forgot all about Verve's Diva Challenge this month. I remembered as I was falling asleep last night, then of course I couldn't sleep, I was just thinking of how I needed to make my card, lol.



This month challenge was from Amber, and it is a recipe challenge. Depending on what the first letter of your name is, determines what your recipe will be. My recipe was:

Colors: Yellow, Pink, and Green
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Glitter, and Lace
Layers/Shape: 3 Layers, OR Tall Shape.

I had a couple of different ideas, so I made two cards. The first, a few rhinestones following the butterflies, the butterflies are covered in glitter, and a little lace on the bottom.



My second, I tried something a little different, I didn't color my image, it was so hard not to color it, lol. My glitter is on the candle flames.



That's it. You still have some time to play, cards have to be uploaded by 9 pm Mountain time tonight in the Verve forum. The winner will be Guest Diva for an upcoming release and receive all the stamps and dies from that release! Thanks for stopping by. :)

13 comments:

  1. Tanya, these are such gorgeous creations hun!! LOVE the elegance and colors!! So pretty!! Smiles, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both very pretty! I can only imagine how hard it would have been to stamp your image and then not color it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a beautiful job on both of these. Thanks for sharing the link to them here. I kept trying to view them at SCS and they hadn't been approved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya...both of your cards are beautiful! I love the glitter and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my sweet! Your cards are beautiful. Your just like me. Sometimes I can't sleep thinking about my next creation and I'll have to haul myself up to my studio when I get an idea and don't want to lose it.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that first card Tanya...the lace and the border punch are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous cards Tanya!! I love the sweet butterflies! And the lace on both cards is gorgeous!! I hope you have a fabulously Blessed Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow tanya I love both your cards-the spellbinders shape you used on your first one really highlights your card-your 2nd one is so feminine looking

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both so gorgeous and filled with beautiful spring colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the lace accents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the colors of these cards. You have such an eye for color selection Tanya.

    Thanks for stopping by today and giving your well wishes

    Toodles
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. O wow Tanya, these are beautiful, and so elegant as always, just love your style xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty cards! I love how you photographed the first one, and the birthday cake on your second card is such a pretty stamp. It would be hard not to color it, but it somehow looks just right!

    ReplyDelete