Saturday, June 4, 2011

4th Of July



Yesterday was happy Verve mail day! I received my newest set American Hero, on sale this month for a whopping 40% off! So of course I had to ink it up! I used the first sketch for this month's Viva la Verve.

There is also a fun challenge at Flourishes, Star Spangled Banner, use the colors red, white, and blue. Check out the blog post to play along and try to win the newest release! Their stamps are always gorgeous!!

For the blue panel, I pulled out my Stampin Up canvas background stamp. I thought it kinda looked like denim so I gave it a little faux stitiching with my white gel pen. The red panels are stamped and embossed with one of the stars from the American Hero set. My mini stars are colored with a glitter pen, but it's not showing up in the photo. Some sponging and that's it. Thanks so much for stopping in for a little peek, have a great weekend. :)

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Tanya! That's such an awesome set--so gad you snagged it at 40% off! Great take on Amber's VLV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great looking card with this set and sketch! Love how you created the red panel with the white embossing. It's all so nicely designed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya,
    fabulous card,love the embossing....thank you so much for your lovely comments while I was on holiday...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya this is a wonderful patriot card. I really like the stars. Your sponging is amazing. I have not mastered that with 5 years of stamping. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for always popping in and leaving sweet comments.I so appreciate.
    Loving the use of this sketch but really the great blending of colors on this design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tanya,
    Thank you so much for your visit and comment today...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfectly pretty patriotic card. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your muted colors on this cute card, tanya!

    ReplyDelete