Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peace On Earth


Hi there! I was just over at the JustRite blog ooohing and ahhing over the newest stamps, (oh my goodness, they are gorgeous!!), and took a peek at the challenge and realized it ends in 2 hours! I was letting my camera batteries charge so that I could take my photo in the morning, because for some reason I thought that I had until tomorrow, oops! So I ran out into the fading light to get my photo, whew!

Challenge #56 is shaped holiday cards or tags. I used this image from the Christmas Treasures set. I embossed it in silver, I love the way it turned out! Then I cut 2 dies from Spellbinders Fleur de Lis and just criss crossed them. I then made a medallion, scoring the pleated folds with my Scor-Buddy, and cut the edges with a fleur de lis border punch to match. I added a pearl to each point, and the card back is a large circle nestie so it can stand. You could always add silver thread and make it into an ornament.

Well that's it for me today, thank you so much for stopping by, and for your sweet comments, have a great day. :)

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh, Tanya, this is SOOO beautiful!!! I love that stamp (wish I had it!) and you know I love the white/silver color combo -- so elegant!!! I just had to go with it, tho my hubby kept "suggesting" I needed to use bright reds/greens! LOL!!! Glad you made the deadline (and that I'm not LAST, as usual)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya I have to agree with Marge this i soo beautiful. I like the way you embossed it in silver. It is very rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING! This WOULD make a great ornament Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy I, St. Louis MOAugust 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM

    Absolutely stunning! I love anything with the fleur de lis pendant, and the addition of the medallion made with the fleur de lis border really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a class once where they cris crossed the Feur de Lis dies. Thank you for reminding me what an elegant presentation that makes. Embossing the image in silver give your card an elegant touch. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I would certainly add the cord, it's a card and gift in one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Stunning! Love the silver embossing. Thanks for visiting my blog for the Flourishes Customer Appreciation Blog Hop. I hope you'll visit again soon. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER!! Totally gorgeous Tanya!! I love the intricate folds!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Tanya, this is just stunning, and how elegant. I love it all the way.. as always :) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete