Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Blessings



Hi! I'm playing along with this week's Mojo Monday sketch. My sentiment is Christmas Blessings, a Plain Jane from Verve. I actually bought this stamp when it first came out last year, then some how lost it before I ever got a chance to ink it up. So I had to buy it again this year, I love that font!

For my background, I wanted to try something new to me. I stamped snowflakes from Glad Tidings onto watercolor paper and embossed them with clear powder, then painted over it with watercolor paint, I then stamped a large music background stamp over that. I love the wide striped ribbon from Stampin' Up. Well that's it for me today, hubby wants a lazy, watch movie day :) Thanks so much for popping by!

11 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful font, to bad you had to buy it again. : ( The background came out great, as did your take on the sketch. Hope you are having/had a fantastic lazy day with hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya everything a Christmas card should be and more. Love your muted color pallette so pretty. Hope you will like this up at my challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, especially the background. This card is lovely, it is so ... christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect interpretation of the sketch, Tanya! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful vintage looking card. It looks like it could have been found in someone's grandmother's keepsakes! I really like your layered elements. Very beautiful card! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOOOOWZA! This card is SOOOOO beautiful! I LOVE that ribbon--love your stamping! Great take on this sketch:) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful and that background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Tanya what a fantastic card and what a fantastic background... I am definitely trying that out :))) It looks awesome. Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete