Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Hi! With the weekend and the kids off Monday and Tuesday I forgot that I am in need of a wedding card this weekend. JustRite's challenge this week is scoring (it ends tonight so you still have time to play!), and I wanted a clean card that shows off both the sentiment and the scoring, I'm so happy with how it turned out. I used my Scor-Buddy to make some diagonal scoring on the main panel and the edges on the bottom panel then added some pearls. The sentiment is from JustRite's Romantic Sentiments Centers and it is cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities, I'm not sure what the label is but the tag is from Fancy Tags, I just cut it to make it fit better.
This week at the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog the challenge is Celebrations. A new wedding is certainly something to celebrate. Also they have a fun hop going on now, go over and check it out!
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a wonderful day! :)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Hi! I have a quick card today. I love this set from There She Goes Stamps, Puppy Love, (it's back in stock!) awww that puppy is so sweet! I used some GCD Studios papers that I have had for awhile now. Pretty quick and easy, I'm off to finish dinner, thanks so much for stopping by!
Friday, January 14, 2011
I am a bit early for Easter, but I just received this set and had to ink it up. Isn't that elephant just the cutest Easter bunny? And look closely into the basket, those aren't eggs, they are colored peanuts! So cute! The image and sentiment are from Our Craft Lounge, and if you look closely at the ears and tail I added Sparkly Fluff, I love it!
I used this month's Sketch For You To Try. The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. That's it for me today, hope you have a fabulous weekend, thanks for stopping by. :)
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Hi! I just finished this card using the second sketch of January's Viva la Verve. Oh my goodness, that awful bow took 20 minutes to make! I can make a regular bow with my bow easy, but for some reason those darn seam binding bows give me so much trouble! Everyone says they are so easy, the seam binding is so forgiving, not for me. I love the look, but just can't pull it off. I have spent hours practicing only to end up with something that I'm still not happy with.
Both the sentiment and the flower stamped on the background are from Verve's Love's Flower set.
Enough rambling, I'm going to start on a new card, I have a new stamp that I am itching to ink up.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
The uber talented and very stylish Ann Schach has passed on to me the Stylish Blogger Award, thank you Ann! Her blog is one of my favorites, so it is such an honor!
Ok, so eight facts about myself:
1. I love to read. I love Jane Austen novels and read Pride and Prejudice twice a year, it always makes my heart flutter. I'm reading Emma right now ;)
2. I still love Winnie The Pooh.
3. When I was a teen, I had teased hair and my walls and ceilings were covered with rock and roll posters and magazine cut outs.
4. One of my guilty pleasures is watching Vampire Diaries5. I have lived in Georgia, California, New York, and Florida
6. I love to bake, but hate to clean up the mess.
7. I still get excited at Christmas. Now that my kids are older I am more excited than them! I just love the lights, music, decorations, and just the warm happy feeling of the season. It always bums me out to put away our decorations, but hubby is a neat freak and always wants it gone the first week of January.
8. I have three fur babies, Lady (13) a Lab/Chow mix who my mother gave to our daughter as a birthday present when she was 5. We had no idea that we were getting a dog and were not ready for one. She found her abandoned by her mother, covered in fleas, but she is an amazing dog, and SO smart. Then we have Dixie (3), a black and tan Dachshund, my daughter had been wanting a Doxie for years, so along came Dixie. And most recently added to our family is Suzie, a red Dachshund (she will be 2 in March). We adopted her a couple of months ago, we are her fourth and forever home and we just love her to pieces! BTW, these little dogs make excellent bed warmers on cold nights!
Now to pass the award on to eight other fabulously styling blogs:
Linda (she doesn't make cards, she makes yummy cupcakes!)
Please check out these amazing blogs! Thanks again Ann!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Happy Friday to you! I just received this set called Buckets of Love from There She Goes Stamps. I love it! It has two buckets, one wooden and one metal and not only can you put hearts in it, it also comes with candy, flowers, and Easter eggs, along with tons of sentiments, so sweet! I love that I didn't have to do any masking either, I stamped the hearts then the bucket, and it looks like one stamp, easy peasy! The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and I used Amy Sheffer's awesome sketch over at Skipping Stones Designs. That's it for me today, hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Woo Hoo! Happy mail day, my new Verve came today! Did you catch the end of the year sale? Some sets were half off!
I had started this card this morning using the sketch from this week's Mojo,and was just waiting for the mail, hoping it would come because I wanted to use the cupcake from Carpe Cupcake. The cupcake is paper pieced with some Stickles as sprinkles.
Off to check out the rest of my goodies, thanks for popping by, have a great day!! :)
Good morning! I had a little quiet time to myself this morning, everyone is off to school or work, so I sat down to make a couple of cards. This was a quick little card using a sentiment from the Say It Big set from Our Craft Lounge. I like that it has large sentiments for a bunch of occasions. I added a butterfly from Verve's Blue Skies and a flourish from Inkadinkado. This week's Flutter By Wednesday's challenge is open, you just need a butterfly, angel, or fairy.
I also started a card using this weeks Mojo sketch, but I am waiting to see if the mailman brings me my new Verve, *crossing fingers*. If he does bring it, I'll have another card in a little bit. Thank you for stopping by. :)
Monday, January 3, 2011
Happy Monday! Well, the tree and all decorations are put away, it's always kind of depressing but has to be done :( Anyway, time to get back to normal. I used the first sketch for January's Viva la Verve's sketch challenge. Both stamps are from Verve, the sentiment is from Fabulous You and the flower is from Dream Big. A pretty quick and easy card, thanks so much for stopping by, have a great week!